Friday, July 27, 2007

Those Summer Nights.....

Yes, I am up at 2a.m. writing on my blog. I should be sleeping, but our air conditioning unit isn't working right so I have the windows open and the fans going. All in all, it is a fairly cool evening, so it isn't too bad...but those tree frogs! I think they're all laughing at me! Most nights they wouldn't even phase me...I actually like all of the noises of the countryside (Except when the cows get to doin' that weird mooin'...I'm not sure what that's all about, but they can sure sound creepy.) For some reason, they are getting to me tonight.

Just a quick update with what's going on at the store...we just received a shipment of really great rub-ons from American Crafts and to top it off, when you purchase $5.00 of American Craft products (rub-ons, slick writers, or gel pens) you get a cute sample packet and tool for free. This sample comes with a $.50 coupon for your next purchase of rub-ons from American Crafts.

Next week we are expecting shipments from Daisy D's and Bo Bunny Press. Our Daisy D's order will be bringing in some yummy, rich fall papers, and the Bo Bunny order will contain some new Christmas papers for use in this year's Christmas Mini album which has become a fast tradition. This is our 3rd year making them and Sherry's designs get more beautiful every time!

We are working on our new class schedule so be ready for a few changes. We will no longer be offering the same classes on Tuesday that we do on Friday because Tuesdays we will be offering an entirely different class. Don't worry though, if you want it all, but can't make it to all of the classes, we can provide you with a kit, color pictures, and instructions for you to complete the project at home. You can also come in any time that we aren't having class and we will help you put it together. We don't mind at all.

I just found out that Saturday, August 11th, there will be another "Circle the Square". These are so much fun. You really ought to come out and support this wonderful community activity. It will truly make you feel nostalgic and like your a part of the community. In honor of "Circle the Square" we are going to have a Crop from 1p.m. until 10p.m. (stay as long as you can, or stick it out until the end!) If you can't join us for the Crop, stop in, visit, and take advantage of the 15% storewide sale.

Tuesday, August 14th, at 1p.m. The Extention Homemaker's Happy Scrapper's club will have a guest speaker, David Bell. He will be teaching us how to take better pictures, so bring your cameras and join us. You don't have to be a member of the club, but we do welcome any new members. We meet every 3rd Tuesday at 1p.m. (August will be the 2nd Tuesday).

If you missed our 80's crop, you missed a good time. We've got to give it up to Joan for actually scrapping some 80's photos. While cropping, I got a little lost in thought about how wonderful it is to have a hobby...especially this one. Without it, I would have never met the wonderful women that I have met or made such wonderful friends so quickly. I feel so blessed whenever any of you come into the store. Not because you are bringing me business, but because you have brought me friendship. There is just something about Scrapbooking that brings an instant bond of sisterhood. (Or brotherhood...really guys, you can do this too!) I think that is one of the things that I love most about this hobby.

I have a challenge for you all this weekend. Find a little time, and make a layout about why you love to scrapbook. Make something that tells people why you go to all of the effort to put so much creativity and love into preserving your memories. I promise that this will be a good cure for burnout, and a good place to start if you haven't scrapped in awhile. Just to make the challenge a little more tempting, I will give you 15% off of your entire sale if you bring this page in to share with me! (You know you can't resist it!)

Just a couple more quick notes...we are accepting the coupon for 10% off of Daisy D's products that has been printed in Creating Keepsakes August , and Friday and Saturday, September 28th and 29th, we will be participating in the Scrappink program. More information is on it's way, but if you would like to know more now, go to www.scrappink.com There you will get all the information about the Scrappink Program and the Susan G. Komen Foundation.

Have a great weekend, and if you come in to see me Friday or Saturday, the secret word is "treefrog". That lovely word will get you a 15% discount. (Who's laughing now??)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home