Monday, March 19, 2007

It's raining.....

and thundering, and lightning. My favorite kind of weather. I hope it keeps up tomorrow, as it will be just the inspiration that I need to get a few things accomplished. I don't know what it is about the rain that makes me want to do something creative. Sometimes it makes me want to clean and organize. It must be the idea of washing away the old, and getting a fresh, clean start. I don't know. My mom loves the rain too, and I have so many fond memories of listening to the rain with her. I remember one time, driving down the road, a thunderstorm hit, and she pulled into the Montgomery Wards parking lot (that dates it, doesn't it?)...anyhow, she pulled over, turned off the engine of the car, and we sat and listened to the rain as it fell on the roof of the car. Maybe we adored it so because Las Vegas rarely gets rain...maybe it was like I said, a fresh, clean new beginning. At any rate, the rain got me thinking tonight of just that...how grateful I am that we all have the ability of getting a fresh, clean new start. Maybe we can't always get out the stain of past mistakes, but we sure can choose to deal with them appropriately, pick ourselves up, and start in a new direction. New directions are good.

I am in the middle of finding a new direction. I love the store...I just need to find a new direction. It is quite obvious to me that the road I'm on isn't working....(quite literally! ) I'm trying to find a new home for the store. It's scary, and frustrating. I'm totally scared of getting into a lease and falling flat on my face. I'm frustrated that people won't return phone calls regarding building spaces. I want to make this work...I really, in my heart....think that it will. But then there's that little annoying voice that keeps whispering "failure". SHUT UP ALREADY! So, I'm swallowing what little pride I have and asking for a little help...some direction from some wonderful volunteers at SCORE. (www.score.org). With any luck, they'll be able to get me pointed in the right direction and headed down the path to having the wonderful store/gathering place that I have dreamed of.

And now that I'm done waxing poetic...I want to let you all know that I've extended the sale from last weekend. I will be carrying it over until the end of March, so please stop by and check out the great bargains.

Also, the store will be closed Friday, March 23rd. My daughter Rachel, earned a free day off because she did well on her Benchmark tests last year, and my husband has a job interview (can I hear a "FINALLY!"?) Anyway, we will be headed to the "big city" to do some shopping and lunch, and hopefully getting Billy a new job. Yes, I am still having class Friday night, so if you need anything, the store will be open from 6p.m. until 8:30p.m.

I'm putting together the classes for the next quarter. Does anyone have any special requests? Let me know soon!

Take care, and take a moment to listen to the rain and make your own fresh start!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,
See I listen very well. I like your blog. I seen the thing about the extra credit stuff.
I am really excited about you moving to town. I say moving because I know it will happen, and pretty soon you won't even remember our names, you'll have so many customers. I like it that you'll be closer. Now Dee who lives in Blue Eye, and Cheri who I think lives close to Harrison, and Gwenda who lives in Huntsville, and Me who lives in Green Forest Don't have so far to drive. Now it's Trevas turn.
How often do you change this? So I can try to keep up. Take Care and Keep the Faith. You believe in a God, have Faith. Mina

March 20, 2007 5:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home