Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Just Thinking...

It's late. I should be in bed. But I found myself in front of the computer, reading my favorite blogs, checking out Scrapvillage.com, and thinking. Thinking about how wonderful this hobby is, and how close I feel to so many women out there, simply because we share one thing in common. A love of scrapbooking. A love of sharing our stories. (Okay, and a serious love of scrapbooking supplies!)

Anyone who has been to the store knows it's not the biggest, not by a long shot. ( Lately, I have found myself apologizing for that fact. I guess I do it because I want to be able to offer you so much more.) But I truly hope that when you are here, that you feel totally at home. (I mean, that open the fridge and grab a drink kind of "at home" feeling.) I get a kick out of the way you all knock when you come to the door! I know it's at my home, but the store is seperate...walk in...please!! I want you to. I want my tiny little store to be the gathering place for people who love to share their stories, their memories, their ideas, and opinions. I want crops at my place to be the modern quilting bee. I may not have an actual classroom, and maybe you will be taught at my kitchen table, or in the living room...but consider it an act of love. I love to have you here, and I am more than happy to open up my store, and my home to you.

Scrapbooking is so many things...a hobby, an artistic expression, an "acid free" bond that we all have with one another. I know that Berryville is small, but I'm sure there are a million stories to be told. They deserve to be told... I am completely convinced that part of what's wrong with society today is that we don't tell our stories. Sure, we tell some of the funny ones, but do we share it all? Do we share the good and the bad? The bitter and the sweet? And more importantly, do we document them for a time when we won't be here to tell them? We at least owe that much to our children, grandchildren, or anyone whom we consider an important part of our lives. They need to know that we've "Been there, done that." But more importantly, that we survived. That somehow, we made it through, even when things weren't picture perfect.

Come on over to my place. Pop open a can of soda...let me put the coffee on for you. Let's create something rich and wonderful. Let's work together to tell your story, and to build friendships within our little community. You've got time for that, don't you? Tell the truth...Can you afford to not make the time?

Love to you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home